Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paperwork to HERE!

A few years have passed since the last time I did 4th grade self-contained, and I'm finding it's everything I remembered: lots of drama and lots of paperwork.

The only thing to do with the drama is deal with it as it comes up.  This week's adventure was annoying and time consuming but ultimately, I think it'll be fixable and we'll get on with life.

The paperwork, however, is something I have some control over.  After getting swamped yet again this week, I spoke with many of my peers and my supervisors, and now there's a plan of action to get my work done without pulling 16+ hour days 6 days a week.  It'll be an experiment to find balance between doing a good job and driving myself past endurance.

In my writing adventures, with the help of my critique group buddies, I've figured out how to close the enormous plot hole in Lines of Succession.  Like a lot of things, I'd missed the obvious answer by staring too hard at the details.  The fix isn't going to be a complete cakewalk, but it'll definitely be easier than some of the options I was coming up with on my own.

Once I finish here, I'm going off to work on LoS and start getting the thing ready to go again.

I find writing to be a relaxing and stress-relieving hobby.  I'm hopeful that as I readjust my weekly schedule, I'll have more time to write or do craft things and thereby dodge the hazards of burn-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment